The training choice of most facilities is the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
Four-Day Instructor Certification Program. This option allows you to become a Certified Instructor and conduct in-house trainings. It's an ideal way to cascade the program throughout your entire organization and support an ongoing Training Process.
Certified Instructors Join a Global Network
As a Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
Certified Instructor, you'll get exceptional support to help you implement training as an ongoing process rather than a one-time event. Once certified, you'll become a member of the CPI Instructor Association—a global network of crisis prevention and intervention specialists. This membership entitles both you and your organization to many outstanding benefits.
The Top 10 Benefits of Instructor Certification
We're committed to helping you maximize your initial training investment by providing you with:
Certiﬁed Instructor Kit
- Free consults. Problem solve with CPI Training Directors free of charge regarding training and crisis intervention issues.
- Free webinars. Learn more with these useful offerings.
- Online training resources. Access Instructor-only resources, including:
- Physical intervention skills resources.
- Legislative updates.
- How-to guides for training activities.
- Tips and tools for training preparation, delivery, and documentation.
- Templates for developing policies and procedures.
- Easy documentation options. Maintain documentation of all training activities.
- Continuing education credits. Get credit for training!
- The CPI Instructor Association Community. Access your link to our global community of Certified Instructors.
- Free subscriptions. Stay informed about relevant issues with our eNewsletter, Supportive Stance, and our print journal, the Journal of Safe Management of Disruptive and Assaultive Behavior (JSM).
- Advanced programs. Focus on topics such as ASD, dementia, trauma-informed care, and verbal skills.
- Member pricing and volume discounts on CPI training resources.
- Opportunity to become a Meritorious Instructor. Certified Instructors who demonstrate an exceptional level of training expertise can earn a place in our Hall of Merit!
Participants who successfully complete the Four-Day Instructor Certiﬁcation Program leave equipped to begin training staff immediately. Course fee includes:
"Through the years, I’ve attended CPI training programs and used the toll-free Instructor Services line to discuss specific issues. Whether in the classroom or on the phone, everyone from CPI I have encountered was totally professional and knowledgeable and provided complete assistance when requested."
- Comprehensive Instructor Guide to help you facilitate the program.
- Electronic Presentation to guide you through the course content.
- Starter supply of Participant Workbooks.
- Additional trainer support tools and other valuable resources.
—Michael Vallow, Cherry Creek School District, Colorado