Change Culture, Behavior, and Relationships.
By using Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
training as part of a comprehensive crisis prevention and intervention plan, you can learn how to defuse challenging and disruptive behavior before an incident escalates to a crisis situation. Successful implementation leads to a change in organizational culture, a change in adult professional behavior, and a change in staff relationships with both service users and stakeholders. These changes offer many benefits to your staff, your organization, and the individuals you serve.
Benefits to Staff
Benefits to Your Organization
- Reduce the risk of injury by decreasing the number of physical interventions.
- Improve communication among staff by establishing a common language.
- Boost staff confidence to intervene both verbally and physically.
- Alleviate the stress and anxiety associated with confusion or uncertainty in crisis moments.
- Feel safe at work again.
Benefits to Those You Serve
- Minimize the risk of potential liability.
- Improve staff retention by providing the skills necessary to manage difficult situations.
- Comply with legislative mandates and regulatory/accreditation guidelines.
- Create and maintain a safe, caring, and respectful environment for staff and those you serve.
- Demonstrate your organization’s commitment and contribution to a safer community.
Download a printable version of the Program Benefits
- Live, learn, and thrive in a safe and respectful environment.
- Interact with positive role models who are well equipped to manage difficult situations.
- Become an active participant in the debriefing process and learn new coping skills.
- Receive staff guidance about making positive behavior choices in the future.
- Feel supported by staff who are empathic, compassionate, and respectful.