Case Study [PDF]
Beacon School, a special education and alternative school on the Roi S. Wood Campus of Joplin Schools in Missouri, needed to:
- Meet regulatory compliance
- Reduce worker compensation claims
- Improve staff confidence in working with challenging student behaviors
- Improve staff skills in managing behaviors
The school implemented Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
training for staff, plus advanced training programs in:
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Applied Physical Training
Since implementing CPI training, the school has:
- Reduced challenging and disruptive student behaviors by 50–75%.
- Improved staff de-escalation skills and school safety.
- Improved student outcomes because of an increase in direct instruction time.