As your organization implements Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS), you may have looked to the Internet for more information. The web contains a wealth of free resources dedicated to the practice of PBIS. We have compiled a list of 10 of our favorite online resources for you to explore. We hope you find valuable information that you can use within your own organization.
- OSEP Technical Assistance Center on Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports —A collaboration between the US Department of Education and 11 technical assistance units across the United States, the center provides technical assistance to encourage large-scale implementation of PBIS.
- Association for Positive Behavior Support—Promotes research-based strategies that combine applied behavior analysis and biomedical science with person-centered values and systems change to increase quality of life and decrease problem behaviors.
- National Center on Response to Intervention—Provides technical assistance to states and districts and builds the capacity of states to assist districts in implementing proven models for response to intervention (RTI) and Early Intervening Services (EIS).
- School-wide Information System (SWIS)—A web-based information system designed by research faculty and staff at the University of Oregon. SWIS was developed in response to school team and administrator requests for efficient and effective data entry and report generation of on-site office discipline referral information.
- Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning—Develops training and technical assistance materials that reflect evidence-based practices for promoting children's social and emotional development and preventing challenging behaviors.
- Positive Beginnings: Supporting Young Children with Challenging Behavior—Online training modules.
- What Works Clearinghouse—An initiative of the US Department of Education's Institute of Education Sciences, the WWC is a central and trusted source of scientific evidence for what works in education.
- Successful Schools, Inc.—Provides training in response to intervention, positive behavior supports and interventions, building inclusive school environments, classroom management, and functional behavior strategies for serving the most challenging students in the least restrictive environment.
- Florida's Positive Behavior Support Initiative—This purpose of this initiative is to increase the capacity of Florida's school districts to address problem behaviors using Positive Behavior Support.
- The Technical Assistance Center on Social Emotional Intervention for Young Children (TACSEI) is a five-year grant made possible by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Special Education Programs. TACSEI takes the research that shows which practices improve the social-emotional outcomes for young children with, or at risk for, delays or disabilities and creates free products and resources to help decision-makers, caregivers, and service providers apply these best practices in the work they do every day.
We encourage you to add to our list. What are your favorite online and/or print resources? Do you use another PBIS resource not listed above? If so, leave it in the comments below.
More resources and information about Positive Behavior Support.