Setting limits is an effective and productive way to deal with difficult behavior. This Topic Module is designed to strengthen participant's interpersonal communication skills and increase their confidence and effectiveness when interacting with challenging individuals.
Setting Effective Limits training objectives:
- Build confidence in dealing with challenging, resistive individuals.
- Recognize and avoid personal power struggles.
- Develop strategies to set clear, reasonable, enforceable limits.
- Define and identify key elements of Empathic Listening.
- Apply Empathic Listening skills as a tool for effectively setting limits.
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently apply program content and skills to real-life work experiences.
- Establish and maintain a workplace culture of Respect, Service, and Safety at Work®.