Effective Limit Setting DVD
When staff need to manage confrontational behavior, having the skills and confidence to set effective limits can be a powerful tool. Like all skills, setting limits is a craft that requires thought and practice.
This DVD helps hone limit-setting skills. Staff learn:
- How to avoid power struggles, which can hinder limit setting.
- The importance of setting limits that are clear and enforceable.
- Ways to improve active listening skills.
- Limit setting techniques that work and four that don’t work.
- How nonverbal communication impacts the limits they set.
- Seven common myths and realities about limit setting.
22 minutes (average). Closed-captioning option.