How to Excel at Verbal Intervention II DVD
The best way to defuse challenging behavior early is to have good verbal intervention skills and the confidence to use them in the midst of chaos. Even though your verbal efforts may not bring the results you desire, your planned response often determines whether the situation gets better or worse.
This DVD sharpens staff verbal intervention skills, and focuses on how to:
- Organize an intervention strategy.
- Identify short-term, median, or long-term goals.
- Assess an intervention for immediate danger and stay safe.
- Determine the most effective type of limit.
- Recognize the value of all verbal interventions.
23 minutes (average).