Part of the Professional Development Series for Educators.
The first of a two-part series, this module establishes a foundational understanding about promoting positive behavior. Participants learn how to identify challenging behavior, why an individual may demonstrate challenging behavior, and what staff can do to positively intervene.
- Define challenging behavior.
- Examine factors that can trigger challenging behavior.
- Develop an understanding of why challenging behavior occurs.
- Explore changing our perspectives toward challenging behavior.
- Establish and maintain a workplace culture of Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM.
Available materials include a Learner’s Guide and an Electronic Presentation (sold separately). When you order the Learner’s Guide, you can access the program’s downloadable Facilitator Guide here