Learn the Powerful Skills of Benign Confrontation.
CPI continues to collaborate with other experts in the helping professions. We are pleased to announce a new online resource, The Angry Smile,
developed by Dr. Nicholas Long from the Life Space Crisis Intervention Institute. The goal of this resource is to assist caregivers in understanding and improving their intervention skill sets with those who demonstrate passive-aggressive behavior.
The four hours of interactive video includes a total of nine modules, featuring Dr. Signe Whitson, Chief Operating Officer at the LSCI Institute. The online course includes:
- The Angry Smile book.
- Downloadable course manual.
- Study guide.
- Test to assess learning.
Certified Instructors can provide this resource to all staff at their organization; completion of the Nonviolent Crisis Intervention®
training is not
a prerequisite to take this course. Hundreds of educators, counselors, social workers, youth workers, and parents, who have completed the course since release in 2013, have been extremely positive about this value-added opportunity and the ease of access in the on-demand format. This in-depth instruction includes the following topics:
- Development of pathways to a passive-aggressive personality.
- Reasons people use passive-aggressive behavior.
- Five levels of passive-aggressive behavior.
- The Passive-Aggressive Conflict Cycle.
- Eight skills for effectively responding to passive-aggressive behavior.
- Six steps for changing passive-aggressive behavior in the long term.
Continuing Education Credits for completing The Angry Smile Online Course should be applied for through the participant’s school district continuing education program.