"That change from seeing disability to seeing ability was the catalyst. So at that point, five years into my career, I felt like my heart had now been enabled to serve." —Kim Warchol
Recognition for Dementia Care Professionals
Dementia Care Specialist Certification.
Your exemplary care and dedication to your clients, colleagues, and facility deserve to be recognized and supported. Dementia Care Specialist Certification is a formal recognition of an individual's commitment and leadership as a dementia care professional.
Anyone employed in a health care setting can achieve this honor, which represents the complete package of academic excellence and practical application.
With this mark of distinction, you will:
Two Steps to Certification
- Gain the skills to raise the quality of dementia care your facility provides.
- Have an opportunity to influence your facility's standard of care.
- Distinguish yourself with documented expertise as a dementia care professional.
- Gain access to our online library of dementia-related articles, videos, and webinars.
- Become part of a peer network for upskilling, problem solving, and best-practice sharing.
- Receive your certification document from DCS at no charge.
- Complete the Dementia Capable Care: Foundation Course.
- Complete the free follow-up certification exam.
Questions about certification?
Read our FAQ.