"We're collecting a lot of evidence and outcomes to say that when we provide care in this way it really makes a difference, to things like less falls, less use of medications, because we understand that behavior is just a communication. So if we can discover why is that person expressing anxiety instead of just slapping a pill on it, that's a good outcome. And we know that's happening every single day with the professionals we've empowered with this education." —Kim Warchol
Train-the-Trainer Instructor Program
Become certified to teach staff at your facility.
The Three-Day Instructor Program, our train-the-trainer course, allows an organization to create a positive, congruent approach among all staff. After taking the Two-Day Foundation and Care Partner Applications Course, on day three, participants learn how to deliver consistent staff training rooted in a person-centered, abilities-based model.
Upon completion, they become certified to purchase and use CPI’s training materials to teach the One-Day Foundation Course within their organization, and receive continual support for meeting ongoing training requirements.
- Key teaching points for each unit of the Foundation Course
- Strategies for staff training in a person-centered, abilities-based model
- Adult learning methods to promote retention and training transfer
- Course customization techniques to build relevance for different staff groups
- DCS quality standards that support ongoing staff training
- Assigned practicum training for each participant
Register for a class now | Call us
About the Course:
Why should someone become certified?
Instructor certification allows an organization to create a positive, congruent approach among all staff. This consistent, abilities-based approach yields amazing outcomes, such as improvement in levels of independence, reduction in challenging behaviors, decreased staff turnover, reduction in weight loss, and increased participation in meaningful life activities.
Who can become certified?
Any professional who has the passion to enhance the quality of life and level of independence for those with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and who has the desire to teach others. All health professionals are invited to become certified, including occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, physical therapists, nurses, social workers, administrators, activities, and other support staff.
What are the benefits for Certified Instructors?
Once certified, Instructors become an extension of our family of educators. Benefits include:
- Use of CPI training materials to train within your organization.
- Free ongoing support and consultation from CPI to deliver exceptional training within your organization.
- Free refresher courses and online learning events.
- Documentation of all training activities.
- Link with CPI’s global community of Instructors.
- Approval to submit the Foundation Course to gain CEU approval for internal trainings using your approved provider status.
What are the benefits for my organization?
- Exceptional dementia training that builds skills at a reasonable cost.
- A competitive edge, which yields a solid marketing advantage.
- Increased job satisfaction and staff retention.
- Decreased common complications such as behavior challenges, falls, and weight loss, which may lead to discharge from facility.
- Increased utilization of therapy services.
- Improved family and survey satisfaction.
Recognition as a Distinguished Provider
The Three-Day Instructor Program also earns you recognition as a Dementia Capable Care Partner. Your organization can earn similar recognition as a Distinguished Provider. For more information, visit our recognition page.
Each participant in the Three-Day Instructor Program receives a comprehensive Instructor Manual and materials necessary for staff training. The materials include a starter supply of Foundation Course Participant Workbooks and an Electronic Presentation to help deliver the program with ease. Printable Brochure and Registration Form [PDF]