If staff in your organization deal with internal or external customers with mental illness, they need to know how to interact with sensitivity, respect, and safety. This course is designed to raise awareness about mental illness and build strategies for managing the challenges of mental illness in the workplace. The information also applies to extreme behavioral challenges with people who are not mentally ill.
Challenged by Mental Illness at Work
- Explore assumptions and beliefs about mental illness.
- Describe CPI’s working definition of mental illness and related terminology.
- Discuss realities and myths about people living with mental illness.
- Intervene in problem situations.
- Refer individuals who may be experiencing a potential mental health crisis to appropriate resources.