The long-term effects of a crisis incident can be either negative or positive. What occurs after the crisis is critical. Employee debriefing, using the CPI COPING ModelSM
, is the primary focus of this Topic Module along with learning how to re-establish communication with the person who has acted out.
After the Crisis training objectives:
- Summarize the factual basis of a crisis event.
- Explore assumptions and realities related to people's response to crisis.
- Improve team responses to crisis situations by identifying the positive aspects of an intervention, as well as areas that could be strengthened.
- Build trust, confidence, and rapport among team members.
- Support individual team members as feelings and perceptions are discussed.
- Recognize and implement the steps involved in re-establishing communication with an individual who has acted out during a crisis incident whenever possible.