The need for documentation is an integral part of many jobs. In this module, employees learn how to write a clear, organized, and objective incident report. In addition, strategies are introduced to help ensure that appropriate follow-up action can be addressed, patterns and trends can be identified, policies and procedures can be assessed, and steps can be taken to improve the safety of everyone in any work environment.
How to Document Incidents training objectives:
- Identify a reasonable time frame within which a report should be written following an incident.
- Differentiate facts from opinions.
- Explore the CPI FACT Model for documenting incidents.
- Write a clear, organized, and objective incident report.
- Review incident reports objectively.
- Establish and maintain a workplace culture of Respect, Service, and Safety at Work®.