Programme Summary and Philosophy
Provides staff with an effective approach for safely delivering essential care and treatment to people who lack capacity.
The philosophy of Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM expands throughout a continuum of interventions necessary to address the serious issue of holding people to deliver essential care and treatment. This includes careful assessment of benefits and risks and an evaluation of what may be considered ‘best interest’ decision making.
- Explore the Decision-Making MatrixSM when assessing risk behaviour
- Explore the Physical Skills Review Framework when making a decision to use clinical holding.
- Demonstrate and practise restrictive interventions (clinical holding skills) that are consistent with a set of physiological principles which maximise safety and minimise harm.
Application of Skills in the Clinical Setting, include the following examples or scenarios:
- Routine assessment and treatment
- Nasal, oral, and intravenous sedation
- NG Tubes/PEG Feeds
- Transferring a patient from the waiting area to the clinical area
- Transferring a patient to and from a trolley or bed
- Managing a patient in recovery who is disorientated post-surgery
CPI CH Instructor Certification Programme Components
Crisis Prevention Institute trains and certifies designated people from your organisation. After they have been trained by a CPI Global Professional Instructor and successfully passed the exam, they are qualified to teach at your organisation with the approved CPI training materials.
The 2 day CPI CH Instructor Certification Programme includes:
DAY 1: Participation in 6.5 hours of a classroom-based clinical holding skills lab and practising delivery of skills in preparation for Day 2’s assessment.
DAY 2: Participation in 6.5 hours of Certified Instructor assessment that includes: • Comprehensive Instructor training practicum. • Certified Instructor assessment.
Whatever your organisation needs, we have the right solutions.
Every organisation is different, with its own unique risks, responsibilities, and needs. That’s why we curate a training solution for your requirements with our experts. Clinical Holding Training provides staff with knowledge and skills to understand how to intervene in situations where safe physical intervention are essential to deliver the appropriate Care, Welfare Safety and Security.
RRN Certified Training: If your service has a legal and statutory requirement for the delivery of RRN Certified Training, you can add any elements from the clinical holding skills into the Safety Intervention module, extending the teaching time accordingly. For Information about this click here.