Dementia Capable Care: Behaviours
Ensure that the elderly thrive, not just survive
|For you, Dementia Capable Care: Behaviours will:
||For those in your care, Dementia Capable Care: Behaviours will:
- Boost your confidence in dealing with the behavioural challenges presented by persons with dementia by developing appropriate responses to those behaviours.
- Equip you with the skills to identify and focus on abilities rather than disabilities.
- Enable you to demonstrate an understanding of Alzheimer's and related dementias.
- Maintain their dignity, independence and identity.
- Provide a positive and respectful environment.
- Support dementia capable communities.
CPI’s Dementia Capable Care: Behaviours programme
Developing a culture of care
delivers comprehensive training that embodies an abilities-based approach to care. Understanding is built on an exploration of the behavioural challenges presented by persons with dementia and develops appropriate responses to those behaviours.
To advance a culture of care that enhances the Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM
in your organisation, participants will:
- Identify a change in approaches to dementia care.
- Demonstrate an understanding of Alzheimer’s and related dementias.
- Describe the stages of dementia and approaches that maximise independence and quality of life.
- Learn and practise person-centred techniques and appropriate communication skills.
- Implement methods that support dementia capable communities.
- Understand the complexities of behavioural challenges and practise the most effective responses.
We can certify staff to be trainers of the programme within your organisation. They will experience the full course content as a participant, before spending three days learning instructional techniques and demonstrating capability and understanding.
We can bring the training direct to your staff at your premises. Through consultation with our Instructor Services team, we will determine the right content for your programme based on your organisation’s needs and the individuals you support.
Fill out the Training Needs Analysis
Form to receive a free, no-obligation assessment of your training requirements. Alternatively email email@example.com
or call us on +44 (0)161 929 9777
for more information.