Management of Actual or Potential Aggression (MAPA®)
|For your organisation, MAPA® will:
||For your staff, MAPA® will:
||For those in your care, MAPA® will:
- Demonstrate compliance and commitment to BILD, Ofsted and CQC regulations.
- Reduce risk of liability.
- Offer a safe and reassuring environment for those in your care.
- Provide your staff with an investment in their professional well-being.
- Boost their confidence to defuse potentially challenging situations.
- Equip them with the skills to appropriately physically intervene.
- Reduce the risk of physical injury and accidents.
- Strengthen the relationships between colleagues and with those in your care.
- Maintain their dignity at all times.
- Provide a positive and respectful environment.
- Guide them towards making positive behaviour choices.
- Develop their coping skills for difficult situations.
See the difference
Our MAPA® programme delivers comprehensive training that teaches management and intervention techniques to cope with escalating behaviour in a professional and safe manner. Following the training, you’ll notice a host of positive changes in your workplace, its culture and the relationships between your staff and those they are supporting.
Why choose MAPA®?
The programme delivers a solid foundation based on the philosophy of providing the best Care, Welfare, Safety, and SecuritySM
for staff and those in your care that:
- Focuses on prevention, deceleration and avoidance.
- Addresses the risks of physical interventions.
- Teaches safe, non-harmful interventions.
- Offers proven post-incident strategies to prevent future crises.
Master all verbal and physical techniques, become certified to teach the programme to your staff, and learn to customise the content to the needs of your organisation. The benefits, standards, policies and procedures governing certification are also examined, as well as the legal framework in which you operate. Advanced certification options are also available for organisations with more complex needs. Click on the links to the left for more information about these.
We can bring the training direct to your staff at your premises. Through consultation with our Instructor Services team, we will determine the right content for your programme based on your organisation’s needs and the individuals you support. If you're interested to learn more about On-Site Delivery, please follow this link and complete our Training Needs Analysis
or call us on +44 (0)161 929 9777
for more information.