Advanced Physical Skills programme builds on the Foundation programme and is suitable for organisations who work with individuals whose behaviour may be more unpredictable and higher risk. It enables staff to identify these higher risks and intervene appropriately without putting themselves or the service user at unnecessary risk. The programme is only available to those that have completed the full MAPA®
On completion of the programme staff will be able to:
- Understand the critical role of workplace training as an ongoing process aimed at ensuring physical interventions are applied as safely as possible during training transfer into the workplace.
- Understand the principles, techniques and sources of the MAPA® classroom models.
- Build levels of competence and confidence in the MAPA® classroom models so that the physiological principles can be applied to problem solve situational behaviours from the workplace.
- Understand how to apply the principles of MAPA® physical disengagement and holding skills to specific circumstances or high-risk situations that may arise within their working environments.
- Identify the risks involved with advanced physical skills and how to minimise those risks during situational application in the workplace.
- Develop a greater understanding of the post-crisis COPING ModelSM for staff and service users following a crisis event.
Certified Instructor Training
Advanced Physical Skills programme can be attended as a three-day Instructor Certification Programme and participants must
have completed the MAPA®
Foundation Instructor Certification Programme. As a Certified Instructor, an individual (and their organisation) will receive exceptional benefits and support, including:
- Free professional consultation
Our professional Instructor services team is available throughout the working week to answer queries, assess needs, problem solve and offer guidance on preparing training and handling specific crisis situations.
- Documentation of training activities
Training delivered by Certified Instructors is then logged on our website, and records can be accessed at any time for use as evidence of those trained or reminders of refresher training needed.
- Exclusive access to the Instructor-only section of the website
Keep up to date on critical issues that impact your crisis intervention efforts with resources, tutorials, computer-based learning options and other interactive learning activities that are available only to Certified Instructors.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities and resources
Annual renewal offers a number of ways to access new learning. Other support services for Certified Instructors include:
- Discounted prices on CPI training resources and materials.
- Invitations to CPI’s Instructors’ Conferences.
- Free subscription to our quarterly newsletter: Instructor Forum.
Larger organisations might want to bring this programme in-house, and if you have at least 6 candidates that is certainly an option. Otherwise, we have a large schedule of open programmes here.
On-Site Direct Delivery
Why On-Site Training?
programme can be uniquely customised to meet your needs. It can be held at the site of your choosing, so you’re guaranteed a comfortable, convenient setting for your group. It allows a larger number of participants to attend the training, and can aid in the immediate transfer of course techniques to real-world applications. The advanced skills can be included with the MAPA®
Foundation programme to ensure that staff receive all
the skills they need to manage the risks they face.
High-Impact Tailored Training
CPI's proven behaviour management strategies will be customised specifically for your organisation. You will have the opportunity to discuss and problem-solve issues within your real workplace setting.
Forget about the training schedule—simply pick a date that's convenient for you. We’ll handle everything else.
Fill out the Training Needs Analysis
Form to receive a free, no-obligation assessment of your training requirement.