- Home (NZ)
- Important Registration Information
Important Registration Information
Booking conditions for Safety Intervention and Clinical Holding Instructor Certification programmes (initial courses and Renewal Courses)
When booking training you will need to certify that:
- The need for staff to be trained in the use of restrictive physical interventions has been identified through the completion of a recent training needs analysis which is reviewed at least annually and prior to the delivery of refresher training.
- There is a clear written organisational rationale for the inclusion of all physical skills included in the current training requirement.
- The use of all physical skills is authorised and approved at the most senior level (Board level or equivalent) within the organisation.
- There are current organisational policies and procedures that include:
- a clear statement of the values of the organisation
- the organisation's approach to proactive support and the prevention of challenging behaviour
- the rights of the individuals who use the service, their family members and/advocates
- reactive strategies for managing behaviour that challenges
- robust reporting, recording and analysis of incidents and incident data
- quality assurance mechanisms and procedures that support organisation learning and improvement
- quality assurance mechanisms that monitor the quality and effectiveness of the training
- the organisation's commitment to a gradient approach that addresses the principle of least restrictive physical intervention and the principle of minimum force
- the available debriefing and staff and service user support systems that are implemented following the use of restrictive physical interventions.
- the legislative framework within which restrictive interventions are used
- national and local guidance and policy
5. You understand and agree that:
- The Instructor is licensed to deliver training to staff and colleagues within their employing organisation only.
- CPI training cannot be 'sold on' for income generation or commercial gain
- Instructor certification is valid for one year from the date of initial certification. To continue to deliver training the Instructor must attend and complete an Instructor Certification Renewal programme every 12 months.
- If a Certified Instructor attends a renewal prior to or after their renewal date the subsequent certification will start from the end date of their previous certification year.
- Certified Instructors delivering training that includes restrictive physical interventions in AUS/NZ must hold a current first aid certificate.
- A CPI licence for the onward delivery of the training must be purchased for every learner attending CPI training run by the organisation. This includes a uniquely number Blue CardSM Participant Workbook and, if applicable access to CPI online learning.
- All CPI training must be documented on the CPI website, using the unique number in each participant workbook for validation and certification.
- The photographing, video recording or any other form of visual or auditory capture of CPI, Inc. programme content (including physical techniques) is strictly prohibited. CPI, Inc. withholds the right to permit such actions on the basis of intellectual property protection under the Intellectual Property Act 2014 and the permissions of individuals under the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
We understand that circumstances may arise that require you to cancel or postpone your attendance.
- Registrations cancelled 15 or more days prior to the programme start date are fully refundable, transferable to another individual, or transferable to a programme at a later date.
- Registrations cancelled within 14 days of the programme start date are non-refundable; however, a substitute can be sent to that programme or the registration can be transferred to another CPI programme conducted within four months of the original programme date. This will be liable to an administrative fee.
- If you do not attend, you are responsible for the full programme fee.
- CPI reserves the right to cancel a programme. In the event of programme cancellation, CPI’s responsibility will be limited to a refund of the programme fees.