- Home (US)
- Terms of Service
Terms of Service
© 2005–2024 Crisis Prevention Institute, Inc. All rights reserved. All information, content, services and software displayed on, transmitted through or used in connection with Crisis Prevention Institute, Inc. websites, including but not limited to articles, directories, text, images, illustrations, photographs, html, source and object code, trademarks, logos and the like (collectively, the "Content"), as well as its arrangement, is owned by CPI. You acknowledge and agree that the Content is protected by copyright, trademark, service mark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights and laws. You may use the Content online only, and solely for your personal, noncommercial use, and you may download or print a single copy of any portion of the Content solely for your personal, noncommercial use in learning about, evaluating, or acquiring CPI services or products, provided you do not remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from such Content. If you operate a website and wish to link to our Site, you may do so provided you agree to cease such link upon request from CPI. No other use is permitted without prior written permission of CPI. The permitted use described in this paragraph is contingent on your compliance at all times with these Terms of Service.
For example, you may not republish any portion of the Content on any internet, intranet or extranet site, or incorporate the Content in any database, compilation, archive or cache. You may not distribute any Content to others, whether or not for payment or other consideration, and you may not modify, copy, publish, print, transmit, frame, cache, reproduce, sell, display, download, store, create derivative works or otherwise use any portion of the Content. You may not scrape, gather through electronic means or otherwise copy our Content without permission. You agree not to decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any software or other products or processes accessible through this Site. You agree not to insert any code or product or manipulate the Content of this Site in any way, and not to use any data mining, data gathering or extraction method.
CPI; Crisis Prevention Institute; MAPA® (Management of Actual or Potential Aggression); CH-3SM Holding Skills for Essential Care & Treatment; and Dementia Capable Care: Behaviours are registered trademarks of CPI. Elements of this website are protected by trademark, trade dress and other laws. This Site and its Content may not be copied or imitated in any way without the express written consent of CPI.
This Site may also contain references to another company's brand and product names. These companies' brand and product names are used herein for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks of their respective owners. The images of people or places displayed, forms, structures and graphics displayed or found within the Site are either the property of CPI or used with permission. CPI may be, but is not necessarily, sponsored by or affiliated with, any owners of the other company, brand or product names appearing on the Site, and makes no representations about them, their owners, their products or their services.
Intellectual Property Infringement
CPI respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide CPI's Copyright Agent the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
CPI's Agent for Notice of claims of copyright or other intellectual property infringement can be reached:
10850 W. Park Place, Ste. 250
Milwaukee, WI 53224
By email: email@example.com
CPI may make improvements and/or changes in the products and/or courses described in this Site, including the terms and conditions of your use of this website, without liability. CPI offers services and courses in many parts of the world. This Site may refer to certain services or courses that are not available worldwide, without specifically limiting the offers as such. Such reference does not imply CPI intends to offer such service or courses in all countries or locations.
Content Submissions Made by You
CPI does not claim ownership of any posting you submit or make available, whether about yourself or any other topic (collectively "Submissions"), to the Discussion Forum sections ("the Forum") of this CPI website.
- General. CPI does not pre-screen Submissions as a matter of policy, but CPI retains the right, but not the responsibility, to edit or remove Submissions that CPI, in its sole discretion, deems harmful, offensive, inappropriate, abusive, harassing, threatening or embarrassing to another person or corporate entity, infringing, or otherwise in violation of the law or these terms and conditions. CPI shall make good-faith efforts to investigate Submissions that are reported to it and alleged to violate these terms and conditions, but (a) makes no warranty to you that it will edit, remove, or continue to permit the display of any specific Submissions, whether or not subject to such reports and allegations, and (b) shall have no liability whatsoever for any editing, removal, or continued permission to display any Submissions whatsoever. The continued display of any Submissions on the Forum does not constitute approval or endorsement by CPI of the content of such Submissions.
- Permitted Posting. You may not post to the Forum Submissions that (1) consist of criticisms or comments directed to another person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or comparable characteristic, (2) are attributed to any person other than you, or (3) violates or infringes the copyright or other proprietary interest of any other person.
- Your Warranty. By posting Submissions to any portion of the Site, you warrant that you have the right, either by virtue of your ownership of the Submissions or the express authority of the owner of the Submissions, to post the Submissions to the Site, and you grant CPI a worldwide, royalty-free, nonexclusive license to use the Submissions in the context of the Forum. This license exists only for as long as the content remains on the Forum.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CPI and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents or other partners, and employees from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Submissions you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Site, your use of the Site, your connection to the Site, your violation of the Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of another.
Warranty and Other Disclaimers
The materials and information you find on this Site are provided "as is," without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, services, or products provided through or in connection with this Site and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, expectation of privacy or non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. This disclaimer of liability applies to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or under any other cause of action. You specifically acknowledge that CPI is not liable for any defamatory, offensive, infringing, or illegal materials or conduct, or that of third parties contained on this Site. CPI reserves the right to remove such materials without liability.
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service shall be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect and be construed so as to best effectuate its purposes.
CPI reserves the right to change this policy at any time. It is the user's responsibility to periodically check this page for changes. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. Any information collected prior to the time any change is posted will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected. CPI may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to this policy, by email, regular mail or conspicuous postings on the Site.
To report any violations of the Terms of Service, please contact us.